Labels

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Children's Corner Cece

Remember Children's Corner patterns? I recently rediscovered them while I was searching online for patterns for my granddaughters using knit fabrics. I used this company many years ago when I was smocking and heirloon sewing, they are quality patterns. There are countless sites online to find PDF patterns for knits for very reasonable prices, if not free. These patterns require printing, cutting, then taping back together to obtain the pattern pieces. I find this process better for small items or items all in the same size. Children's Corner patterns are not inexpensive, but you receive a tissue pattern that is not nested. This means that each piece of each size, this pattern included 0-6 months up to size 4, is included in the envelope. This is great for sewing multiple sizes.  Children's Corner's sewing instructions are simple, thorough, and easy to follow.  These are great patterns for those just beginning to sew. I used Cece for these dresses, I purchased the knit jersey from fabric.com. Sewing with knit is fun and these fabrics are so soft and great for little ones.  Children's Corner gives good tips on setting up your sewing machine for knits. I use a ballpoint needle and zigzag stitches along with my serger. This is a great project for those little ones, no snaps, buttons, or zippers!

No comments:

Post a Comment