Labels

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Machine Embroidery

I have been able to experiment a little bit more with my embroidery machine, lately.  I have an older model Babylock Ellageo.  It still uses floppy disks and does not have the ability to connect by USB to a computer, so getting new designs has been a bit of a journey.  I have an external floppy drive for my laptop to transfer files to the machine.  Editing has been a challenge, mostly just add designs one letter at a time on the machine's screen.  But just recently I found a free editing program called "My Editor". This is a basic embroidery editing software that has been around awhile, but I haven't used it before.  It allowed me to pull in my monogram font files and create a name, then size and edit it as a new file.  It works with all embroidery machine file types. It made creating the names on these stockings so much easier. I think I will be using my embroidery machine more often now. I know several of you have embroidery machines, and might be having the same issues with editing.  There are some great embroidery editing software packages available, but they are quite
pricey.  This one is great for those of us just looking to have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment