Labels

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

2017 Happenings






Touching base and catching up with the changes we have been making this fall.  First of all, we welcomed sweet Adelyn in October and Harper is loving her baby sister! Also in October, David started a new job and with that we began a move to Jesup, GA.  We spent Christmas here with all of our children and are enjoying getting to know the Coastal Georgia area.  We then went to Grant to spend the New Year's weekend with our Click and Schnuelle families.  I sorely miss my AJHS family, but had lots to do settling in here to keep me busy during the holidays. I reconnected with an old friend, Sheryl, who lives here in Jesup, and we have been attending their church. I have plans to visit the many state parks, historical sites, and beaches here and plan to document those here. I will have to learn how to garden in the warm, sandy climate, but look forward to an early spring. We actually had a 3 inch snow the first week of January, which was a surprise,



The palms and palmettos looked strange covered in snow.  The sun has returned and I am enjoying the warmer winter days.

I hope to also try out some new recipes that I have been collecting, along with many sewing projects. My prayer is that I will adjust to this new home and soon find my place to serve here. I would love to hear from all of you.


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your update. You are twice as far from us now but your climate and soil sounds just like us....warm and sandy. We gotta come visit sometime...maybe after softball season?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do! There is so much to explore here, I am sure we could have fun.

    ReplyDelete