Labels

Thursday, July 21, 2011

More Summer Sewing

I just finished two new tanks from the free Colette Sorbeto pattern. You can find the pattern here. It is so cute and really easy. No facings. You use bias binding to finish the neck and armholes. The tanks are short but will be perfect under cardigans for work. You can easily add length to them. I will wear them this summer alone with shorts and capris. The armholes are not too big, I don't wear many sleeveless tops but these are modest.


Here is a close-up of the facings.


I used a dritz bias tape maker to make the bias tape. It is so easy and the little tool only costs around $5.00. I love this finishing technique and may never make a facing again. I hate facings. Here is a picture of the tool and the bias tape.

I have found a new author that I am enjoying this summer. Through a friend, I heard about Mary Kay Andrews books and I have really been plowing through them. I have read Savannah Breeze, Deep Dish, Fixer Upper, and have Summer Rental on hold at the library to pick up tomorrow. So far, Fixer Upper has been my favorite, but all of them are really good.

Hope everyone is having a great summer! It will soon be over and back to work I go. I am looking forward to the new school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment